King Post


In a barn or house, this is a post located in the center of the building, often on the center of a tie beam and extending up to the ridge, often supporting a ridge beam. The use of a king post/ridge beam often precludes the use of queen posts and purlin plates, but we have found a barn in which both were used side by side.


Recent Posts